Wednesday 19 August 2020

Prompt writing

        Camping!



Every year my family and two other families the Hartels and the Robertsons go camping for the Christmas holidays.

If you are wondering who the Hartels and the Robinsons 

are well they are some really close friends from Ellerslie.


We have camped at lots of different places such as Urupukapuka Island, Otamure Bay, Tawharanui and Waikawau Bay. All of these are DOC camping grounds

which means there are no hot showers, no flushing toilets and no wifi.

Otamure Bay (Whananaki) conservation campsite: Whananaki ...

When camping we do a lot of stuff like fishing, boogie boarding, swimming, spotlight and making new friends.

They are all fun but fishing is my favourite out of them I will tell you why. So I like fishing because I get to go out on a boat it’s always fun when you are fishing with your fishing rod and you feel a tug and also when your reeling up a fish and you don’t know which fish your going to get like it could be a kingi, grandaddy hapuka a trevally, john dory even a shark one time my sister caught a shark. I once caught two hammerhead sharks one had a bleeding eyeball because I foul hooked it. Me and dad got a photo holding them. I was too scared to hold the bleeding one.


Every year we like to try a new camping ground. This summer if there’s no covid or lockdown we have booked to go to ohope beach. I hope we catch some crays and fish.











THE END!



2 comments:

  1. Nice report, Remy. When I read this, I started getting really excited about the summer holidays, especially catching and eating crayfish. I think Ohope is one of the best places for a NZ holiday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyya Remy it's Chelsy from room 6! I love your blog post about camping with your family, I also love your pictures, it sounds like you had a fun time camping. I have a Question! my question is? where did you camp?
    BLOG YA BLOG LATER!
    Chelsy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.